Information about sculpture
Stone, concrete, iron, sheet metal, bronze, wood, polyester materials such as monuments, abideler, various sildes, plaques or ornaments made by people called. The sculptor to realize this purpose;
- He will design the work in his mind,
- Selects the material to be used,
- The worker prepares the draft with plaster, wax or mud (sketch)
- Marks the measurements of the sketch as dots or lines on the actual material,
- By using appropriate tools and equipment according to the type of material used, the desired form roughly forms,
- If you are working with materials other than stone and concrete, shape it with methods such as adding, molding, boiling,
- It shapes the shape of the fine slugs formed with diamond or steel tipped pens,
- Brings the surface of the work.
Tools and Materials Used
- Hammers of various weights and sizes,
- Diamond and steel tipped pens,
- Murr, comb, compass, measuring instruments,
- Screener (magnifier),
- Various electrical appliances,
- Wooden rammers,
- Stone, concrete, plaster, wood, copper, mud, polyester, bronze, casting and so on. materials.
Specifications required by the CAREER
Those who want to be a sculptor;
- With a high level of design and drawing ability,
- The relationship between the shapes can be seen in the space of the objects,
- It has the ability to skillfully use its hands and fingers,
- They must be creative people who are interested in fine arts.
The sculptor runs the workshop. The working environment is dirty, muddy, but calm. The sculptor usually works alone, occasionally communicating with customers and other artists.
Place, Period and Content of Training
According to the results of the special talent examinations, education is given in the “Sculpture” section of the universities where the Faculty of Fine Arts, the Faculty of Fine Arts Design and Architecture and the Faculty of Plastic Arts are located.
The training lasts for 4 years and aims to train creative sculptors and designers who will contribute to the cultural development of our country, equipped with information on all aspects of sculpture. A creative and practical education and training program is implemented to achieve this goal. The main principle in education is to improve the creative personality of the student. In this respect, education and conceptual and experimental studies are carried out in order to help the learners develop their knowledge, skills, scientific and creative abilities.
In parallel with the basic art education in the first grade, three dimensional styling, anatomy, art history and interpretation and technology lessons are given as basic ones. In addition, with sculpture design workshops, it is possible to make optical expression and dynamic shaping, to use the materials related to the student occupation with their experiments, to learn the technologies and to be able to do abstract and concrete studies with them and to develop their creative personality.
After completing their vocational training, they will receive the “Sculpture Department” Graduate Diploma and “Sculptor” title.
After their undergraduate studies, they can make an academic career by studying masters (master) and doctorate in their fields. They can serve as teaching staff with titles such as research assistants, associate professors and professors in higher education institutions. It can specialize by educating itself in a specific field and can provide art consultancy to various organizations.